Stellenbosch Mountain 1st Beacon Trail Run

Our trail grading: YELLOW 4B
Distance: 8.72km
Extremeness: Tough climb with some technical single track
Location: Stellenbosch Mountain, Stellenbosch, South Africa
Joggers: Only me

The Stellenbosch mountain first beacon route is always a good indicator of my fitness. This morning I could feel that I am getting fitter, but still struggled on the up. I ate a banana for breakfast at the beacon and then decided to pick up the pace going down. I was feeling strong and stretched my legs on the beautiful downhill single track. I did my PB on the downhill and the 6th best overall on Strava from the Radio Mast to the abandoned hut... so privileged to be able to do this before work!

Looking down at Stellenbosch

At the 1st beacon

Beacon selfie

Map

Altitude, pace & distance

Comments

Popular Posts