Botmaskop Trail Run

Our trail grading: ORANGE 7B
Distance: 12km
Extremeness: Tough climb and technical single tracks
Location: Botmaskop, Stellenbosch, South Africa
Joggers: Only me

This morning I did another fitness tester... Botmaskop. This hill is a solid 740m climb over 6km. The weather was nice and cool (with a little drizzle) and I reached the top in just over an hour. The rocks at the top was fairly slippery so I was fairly cautious given that I was on my own. I started to pick up the pace on the down and then badly rolled my ankle. It was fairly painful on the way down, but after the initial shock and some ice it seem to be ok. I just need to take it easy for a week or so.

Mist moving in on Botmaskop

At the foot of Botmaskop

The classic foot-photo after the climb

Shadowy view form the top of Botmaskop

Botmas' Beacon Selfie

The view towards Simonsberg

Looking back at Botmaskop on the way down

Map

Altitude, pace & distance

Comments

Popular Posts