Coetzenburg to Paradyskloof Trail Run

Our trail grading: ORANGE 7B
Distance: 15km
Extremeness: Two tough climbs & technical single track
Location: Coetzenburg & Paradyskloof, Stellenbosch, South Africa
Joggers: Deryck Nel & me

This afternoon I decided that I need to do a longer run for the weekend and did a fairly tough 15km in the Stellenbosch heat. I took my standard route towards the ruin of the hut above Coetzenburg and then cut across with the contour single track. Deryck waited for me as I climbed to Paradyskloof. We ran on the contour single track and the took an awesome single track to the bottom of Eco Valley. Deryck ran home and I took the long road back. Climbing to above G-spot and then coming back via the experimental farm. This was a tough run, but excellent for my fitness!


Always a tough climb, especially in summer

Looking towards Jonkershoek

Contour single track

Deryck demonstrating the Sunday-afternoon-chill running style

On my way back - looking up at Stellenbosch Mountain

Map

Altitude, pace & distance



Comments

Popular Posts