Old George Dam Trail Run

Our trail grading: YELLOW 8B
Distance: 14.2km
Extremeness: Technical single tracks & off-trail
Location: Outeniqua forest, George, South Africa
Joggers: Only me

This morning I embarked on a solo mission to explore new single tracks in the Outeniqua mountains. Since my Achilles is still screwed, I decided to take it super easy, hiking most of the way if required. I found that I had least pain on a slow trot. I followed the rail way line, found a couple new entrances to "hillbilly" trails to explore in future, and finally found the flat contour single track to the old George dam. Awesome trails, awesome natural forest and epic mountains... no complaints here.


Awesome forest

Running on the rail way line

Trail selfie

Epic kloof

The driest I've ever seen the old George Dam

An apple a day keeps the scariness away

The damn wall
Map

Altitude, distance & pace


Comments

Popular Posts