Jonkers Eastern Loop Trail Run

Our trail grading: ORANGE 6A
Distance: 14km
Extremeness: Technical single track & tough climb
Location: Jonkershoek, Stellenbosch, South Africa
Joggers: Deryck Nel & me

This morning we started our Jonkers jog fairly early. We complete our standard Jonkers Western loop, even though there were two glitches: (1) After 3km in to the run all my energy was gone and I basically had to complete the run in "survival mode" and (2) someone decided to cut down a number of trees on the "fire house run" single track and we were forced to bundu bash a number of times. All worked out in the end and the run highlighted the fact that I need to pick up my game!

Early morning at Jonkershoek Gate
The first sun
Beautiful Erica flowers on our trail
And of course, some epic single track 
Nice water stop
Taking a strategic breather
Bushes obstructing our single track
Posted by Picasa


Comments

Popular Posts