Helderberg Blue Trail Run

Our trail grading: Orange 3B
Distance: 7km
Extremeness: Easy but steep run with chances of getting dirty from burned Proteas
Location: Helderberg Nature Reserve, Somerset West, South Africa
Joggers: Only me

After various hikes in the Helderberg Nature Reserve, today was my first trail run here. I was alone and decided to take the Blue hiking trail and running it clockwise. The route starts with a nice wooden pathway and then becomes awesome single track with pointy burned Protea bushes (I got a scratch or two). I then turn unto the wide jeep track for a tough climb up to 3.5km. From here I turned unto the red/black hiking trail to reach Disa Gourge. From Disa Gourge the route descends very quickly up to the 6km mark after which I finished with a fast pace single track prickly-Protea kilometer!











Posted by Picasa



Popular Posts