Helderberg Blue Trail Run

Our trail grading: Orange 3B
Distance: 7km
Extremeness: Easy but steep run with chances of getting dirty from burned Proteas
Location: Helderberg Nature Reserve, Somerset West, South Africa
Joggers: Only me

After various hikes in the Helderberg Nature Reserve, today was my first trail run here. I was alone and decided to take the Blue hiking trail and running it clockwise. The route starts with a nice wooden pathway and then becomes awesome single track with pointy burned Protea bushes (I got a scratch or two). I then turn unto the wide jeep track for a tough climb up to 3.5km. From here I turned unto the red/black hiking trail to reach Disa Gourge. From Disa Gourge the route descends very quickly up to the 6km mark after which I finished with a fast pace single track prickly-Protea kilometer!











Posted by Picasa



Comments

  1. Nice one buddy, lyk freaken awesome, gaan versker die trail gaan doen sodra ek recover het van my calvinia enkel accident

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool man, ek dink ons vat die red/black trail tot op West peak vir die eerste een. As ons later sterker voel gaan ons vir die Dome!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts