Wolfberg Trail Run

Our trail grading: GREEN 8B
Distance: 12.6km
Extremeness: Technical single track & rock hopping
Location: Wolfberg, Algeria, South Africa
Joggers: Only me

On Saturday morning I started my extreme jog with my family - hiking the Lower River trail of Jamaka farm in the Cederberg. After around 800m I split up from them, heading up on the Rooiberg single track. After almost losing my way up, I turned right onto the beautiful Wolfberg trail. This basically runs over Wolfberg. The trails at the top are insane, twisting and turned first to the North and then the South of the ridge. I followed the trail through cracks and tunnels beneath beautiful old trees to the 'end' of the mountain. At this point the trail became terribly technical and I did a proper death march in 40 degrees heat back to the camping site.

Starting with the family

Wolfberg to the right

Climbing

Epic single tracks - looking towards Algeria

More epic single tracks

At the top of Wolfberg

The final peak

Some crawling required...

Map

Distance, altitude & pace


Comments

Popular Posts