Kliprug Loop Trail Run

Our trail grading: ORANGE 6B
Distance: 23km
Extremeness: Off-road and heat!
Location: Keiskie & Kliprug Farm, Calvinia, South Africa
Joggers: Only me

This morning I slept too late and started my run just before 8am. As a result I suffered for most of the run! My run started at Keiskie farm house, running towards Kliprug farm. At the Kliprug gate I turned right, heading to the fields on the plateau. I missed the road coming back and had to do a bit of off-trail for about 500m before I connected to the jeep track heading down. The road back was tough, but afterwards I jumped in the icy cold farm dam to cool down.

Cracked ground after the run

The climb

Fields of gold

The only shadows in miles for the sheep

Amazing scenery

Heading down

Map

Altitude, pace & distance



Comments

Popular Posts