Helderberg Explore Trail Run

Our trail grading: ORANGE 3B
Distance: 14km
Extremeness: A good climb
Location: Helderberg Nature Reserve, Somerset West, South Africa
Joggers: Only me

The idea of this run was to get some distance in Helderberg and do some proper uphill jogging. I started on the Eastern side, next to the Erinvale fence, and worked my way towards the Brown Hiking route. I then explored a few stray routes next to the Lourensford fence - looking if there was maybe a route into Lourensford Farm. When I ran into a bramble bush I turned around. I then got onto the normal circle route going up, firstly crossing over with the Black hiking route, and then running all the way up to Disa Kloof. I jogged most of the route (some of it goat-style), but I was pretty chuffed with my efforts!

Towards Erinvale fence
The Brown hiking route
Next to Lourensford fence
The Black Hiking route
Posted by Picasa


Comments

Popular Posts