Spur Cape Summer Trail Series 2016 (Race 1)

Our trail grading: ORANGE 8B
Distance: 12km
Extremeness: Technical single tracks and tough uphills
Location: Tygerberg Nature Reserve, Plattekloof, South Africa
Joggers: Me and many other crazy people

This year I entered this awesome race with much anticipation - ignoring my Achilles injury. I was also mentally prepare to manage myself better during that tough uphill, in order to have strong legs coming down the final "slow" decent. My entire strategy got canned when we ran the route in the opposite direction! ;) It was a very tough up and down endeavour, but al least this year we had some cloud cover and a wind to help on some of the gruelling hills. Even though my Achilles bugged me for most of the run, I improved my time by about 10min. The final steep pitch dark scramble through the forest was lots of fun and finally I got to use the skills gained during our crazy Jonkershoek night runs.

Chilling while I wait for the race to start

The elite guys leaving first

The B-team ready to rumble

Up up up

Amazing scenery

More awesomeness

Just before sunset

That is Leslie Chivell kicking my ass on the uphill

Map

Altitude, pace & distance

Comments

Popular Posts