Newlands Forest Dark Trail Run

Our trail grading: ORANGE 4B
Distance: 10km
Extremeness: Tough climb and technical single track
Location: Newlands Forest, Cape Town, South Africa
Joggers: Only me

The second standard Newlands Forest trail run this week was much more adventurous than I expected. Firstly I was alone. Secondly, I did no check my headlamp before the run and about 1km into the run the batteries basically died and I was cast into darkness in a scary forest. Luckily the climb is not that technical and I continued slowly with the hope that the sun would rise soon. Eventually I hit the very technical top contour trail, still in semi darkness. The sun got stuck behind a massive cloud on the horizon and the rock gardens were pretty tough to navigate. Finally about 8km into the 10km I could start picking up the pace. Awesome adventure, but tough run!

Early morning selfie

No load-shedding this time of the morning


Comments

Popular Posts