Coetzenburg to Paradyskloof Trail Run

Our trail grading: ORANGE 7A
Distance: 13.34 km
Extremeness: Technical single tracks
Location: Coetzenburg & Paradyskloof, Stellenbosch, South Africa
Joggers: Only me

This route is becoming a good candidate for my standard longer loop close to home. The route starts with a climb to the hut ruin above Coetzenburg and then climbs a bit on the Stellenbosch Mountain hiking trail before snaking down to the contour route leading in the direction of Paradyskloof. After scrambling down and then up a rocky trail I headed deeper into the forest of Paradyskloof on the contour single rack. My route turned around at the edge of the forest from where I could get an excellent view of Helderberg mountain. On my way back past the experimental farm I as treated by a beautiful sunset!

The beauty of Stellenbosch never disappoints...

The ruin

Looking towards Simonsberg

Sunset... Table Mountain on the left



Comments

Popular Posts