George Dam Trail Run

Our trail grading: ORANGE 7B
Distance: 18km
Extremeness: Awesome single tracks and forests
Location: Outeniqua Mountain, George, South Africa
Joggers: Only me

This morning I did one of my favourite runs in the Garden Route - a run from the house where I grew up to the old George Dam. I decided to explore a new route on my way up, which was not to great. I linked to the standard route and made it to a very empty George Dam. I cranked up the pace on the way back, but had to avoid a rabid Rottweiler! Luckily my stone throwing skills are still up to scratch.

I love this forest

The Outeniqua railway line

Part of the climb

Dam wall, damn high

Old George Dam

Dam selfie

The dam and the single track

More magical forest

Map

Speed vs Altitude


Comments

Popular Posts