Autumn Series #1 Trail Run

Our trail grading: ORANGE 7B
Distance: 11.36km
Extremeness: Moderate climb and technical single track
Location: Dornier Wine Estate, Stellenbosch, South Africa
Joggers: Deryck, other runners & me

This morning we did an unplanned race on the beautiful Dornier Wine Estate. This was, of course, a scout session to identify new routes and single tracks. The run started with a dash around a vineyard after which we ran down what can only be described as a technical and muddy ditch. This linked to beautiful jeep tracks which connected to more single tracks snaking through burned-down fynbos - climbing about 300m. The water point was at about 9km, but I had enough water left in my Ultraspire so I pushed on. About 1km before the end I rolled my ankle... what a disappointment! I took it easy from here and is currently chilling with some ice on the ankle! What a beautiful run... I'll definitely do the route again.

At Dornier Wine Estate - waiting for the race to start

About 2km into the race

Looking at Table Mountain in the distance - from the shadows of Stellenbosch Mountain

Heading downwards on the single track - look at the damage the fire did!

Beautiful single track

More beautiful single track


Comments

Popular Posts