Jonkershoek Second Waterfall Trail Run

Our trail grading: ORANGE 6B
Distance: 16.59km
Extremeness: Technical single track and tough climb
Location: Jonkershoek, Stellenbosch, South Africa
Joggers: Only me

This Saturday I was on my own in Jonkershoek and decided to run to the so-called, Second Jonkershoek Waterfall. When I reached the waterfall I had some time left and decided to head up a very famous and tough uphill: Kurktrekker. I climbed a quick 250m and was rewarded by stunning views. Unfortunately I ran out of time on my way up and had to turn back, facing  a very steep decent. After the decent, the run back was fairly chilled and my beautiful wife and son were waiting for me at the Jonkershoek gate - what an awesome way to start your day!

The climb starts
Towards Kurktrekkersnek

Selfie

A beautiful view of Jonkershoek

Looking towards the second waterfall

Luckily I left as the crowds arrived...




Comments

Popular Posts